Front End Engineer - Prime Video Mobile Device Extensions (MDX), Prime Video Mobile Device Extensions
The Prime Video (PV) Mobile Device Extensions team enables customers to use their mobile device as a fully featured remote while at home and to watch Prime Video while offline. We build the second screen experience, enabling customers world-wide to use their device to browse the PV catalog, control playback on their big screen TV, and learn about the title they are watching. We also build the downloads experience to enable millions of customers to watch offline; be it on the daily commute or their dream vacation.
Key job responsibilities
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for evolving a feature idea into a working solution, coding it up, sharing it with the team, and providing feedback to developers on the team on their technical designs as well. You will break down the development work required to complete the feature so your teammates can contribute and provide useful code reviews of their work. You will make improvements to the team’s development and testing processes. You will participate in monitoring features in production, identifying points of customer issues, and addressing them by both improving features and mitigating issues.
A day in the life
As part of the team, you will work closely with product and UX to define the best experience for customers. We work in the mobile and living room version of the PV app. Members of the team have the opportunity to take on projects on iOS, Android, and React development. Developers who excel are effective at working with different teams to produce the best possible software design. As our feature set evolves you will identify the right new technologies to bring in to our stack and leverage them to delight customers.
About the team
We are an inclusive, highly collaborative team with a track record of taking on new initiatives for Prime Video, regardless of the technologies used. When it comes to feature design and team processes, all members of the team are encouraged to participate in the discussion. We leverage Agile best practices in our software development process. Once code ships, we are all owners.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to work effectively cross-group and great passion for team collaboration
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile, high ownership and results oriented culture.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.