Front End Engineer II - New Initiatives (Seattle, Minneapolis, NYC)
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to start a new project with strategic significance and high exposure. This role requires deep functional expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving complex problems that will scale globally for multiple customer targets. As a foundational member of this growing team, you will drive establishing design frameworks and concepts that will accelerate the entire team to deliver high-quality products to our customers.
This role will work on one of Amazon’s internal design systems, and will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the product owner, lead UX designer, and other front end engineers on the team. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing complex front end products, possess strong technical ability, and solid communication skills. You should be comfortable with ambiguity.
· Collaborate with the design system team to define, design, and build components, component collections, and patterns that will be utilized by UX designers and engineers on the larger project team.
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones.
· Conduct code reviews of code written by our team, as well as contributions from the larger project team.
· Participate in the ownership, and maintenance of, code packages created by the design system team.
· Participate in critical agile ceremonies such as group estimation, sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· Skilled with common front end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front end frameworks such as React.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· 3+ years of professional front end development.
· Professional, non-internship experience with React
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front end experiences
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front end software design pattern.
· Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
· Understanding of software engineering principles such as SOLID