Front End Engineer - Amazon Physical Stores
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. We’re looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art in Inventory and Supply chain for Amazon Go, Books and Kitchen.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a game-changing initiative. While you’ll be able to use existing Amazon systems when possible, you’ll be working on challenging problems that need creative solutions. You should be comfortable building prototypes, challenging assumptions, and thinking of creative ways to tackle challenges.
· BS in Computer Science or related technical field
· At least 3 years of experience as a key member of an engineering team
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (especially Git), build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with Angular and Typescript
· Familiarity with RxJS, Angular+Ngrx
· Familiarity with Node.js
· Experience with Andrioid UI development
· Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up
· Experience as a tech lead or mentoring other engineers
· Experience with touchscreen-based interfaces
· Knowledge of AWS services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.