Flight Operator, Prime Air
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
Prime Air is seeking an experienced flight operator with sound judgment and strict flight discipline. Success will require leadership, attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for drone technology. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can deliver results under pressure.
We are looking for a candidate who has at least a private pilot certification. This candidate will be expected to lead a team for field operations, conduct flight operations, and perform limited UAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting. This individual will also conduct flight readiness activities and logistics planning as needed. Aviation safety experience is strongly preferred. Potential travel up to 50%
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
· 14 CFR Part 61 current Private Pilot license with current BFR
· Current Class 2 Medical
· Experience with remote-control aircraft/multi-rotor products
· Valid Driver’s License and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Proven leader for small teams and capable of highly autonomous decision making
· Experience with commercial UAS industry
· 2+ years of RC pilot experience with excellent coordination and execution
· Experience with FAA rules and regulations
· Aviation safety experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.