Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it’s a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we’re excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the role
The learning function at Moss Adams is evolving and growing. We’re looking for an experienced learning professional to join the learning leadership team as we take learning at the firm to the next level. The Firmwide Learning Senior Manager, Practice & Industries is a new role responsible for developing and leading a growing team as they execute the strategy for capability building for technical tax, audit, consulting and industry knowledge and skills.
We’re looking for a dynamic professional with strong leadership and broad program management skills and the ability to translate strategy and business priorities into pragmatic learning solutions.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development leader and your peers to refine and execute the firm-wide capability-building strategy to identify and build the essential capabilities and skills our professionals need as our business and their roles evolve.
- Develop and lead a growing team of experienced learning and development professionals responsible for identifying, designing and delivering the firm-wide learning for their assigned area
- Work with your team to use business strategies and plans to identify the essential capabilities, clearly understand existing knowledge and skills and use the delta to formulate comprehensive capability and skill building plans for their assigned areas
- Lead the design and implementation of individually customizable guided learning paths, development plans, programs and resources to build capabilities and skills using the 70/20/10 experience, exposure, education model
- Communicate learning and development opportunities and experiences to stakeholders to educate on, influence and promote buy-in, consumption and application of solutions and associated knowledge and skills.
- Ensure change communications and readiness materials are in place to facilitate the transition of learning programs/processes to the experience, education, exposure model.
- Lead and inspire a team by setting clear expectations, identifying growth opportunities, developing skills and building development plans
- Oversee the development and coordination of rolling two-year plans and budgets for each of your team’s assigned areas
- Collaborate and partner with People Team colleagues to ensure a common approach and consistency across the learning and people initiatives at the firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in learning, human resources, business, or a related field preferred; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of learning and development experience or related experience in a complex organization required; experience in public accounting or professional services environment preferred
- Exceptional experience managing others with demonstrated involvement building and leading high performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture
- Strong organizational and project management skills; able to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong executive presence with ability to develop relationships, build rapport, and effectively interface with employees and leaders at all levels within the firm
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 10%
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.