Financial Analyst III #0000
Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Financial Analyst III
Location: Seattle, WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Conduct financial analysis in support of accounting and reporting processes and business stakeholders. Provide supporting documentation (excel spreadsheet/write up) for queries raised by business stakeholders for accounting treatment and business processes.
2. End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners. Own accounting for Retail Reverse Logistics for the APAC region & Mexico. Handle accounting of returns for the region and monthly books close process, provide explanations to business partner or finance stakeholder.
3. Assess the effectiveness of controls and design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities, as necessary. Own processes and controls for reverse logistics accounting and other governing controls. Assess operational effectiveness of processes, control and document effectiveness every quarter to ensure no material misstatement in the financials. Ensure applicable global processes/controls are followed for newly launched business activities, update process requirements.
4. Identify process improvement and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization. Act as POC for projects including automation of Customer Returns estimates, free replacement reserve, and reconciliation of revenue between multiple systems.
5. Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month. Record customer return estimates, analyze adjustments, escalate the matter to senior management when necessary.
6. Escalate risk and issues, as necessary, to finance and accounting leadership. Analyze adjustments, escalate when necessary.
7. Lead delivery of accounting close tasks and projects, including new business launches. Record monthly journal entries for reverse logistics, prepare customer returns estimation; account for business changes that impacted amounts recorded, escalate anomalies found in data, analyze estimate and perform trend analysis to ensure estimation is in line with expectations, summarize monthly results for key stakeholders.
8. Enhance partnership between Accounting, Tax, Finance, IT groups, and other business teams, including education on basic accounting and controllership needs. Schedule and meet team members to understand what teams offer and how retail accounting team can help. Deliver trainings or memos for any accounting updates to teams to help them understand accounting treatment/needs for a given scenario.
9. Support internal and external audits by maintaining/providing documentation and responses for audit requests. Provide supporting documents for audits. Act as POC for questions related to reverse logistics from auditors.
10. Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers, as necessary. Research FASB codification and applicable statues to answer accounting questions.
11. Create new reporting, maintain and run reports using tools such as Excel, Essbase, Cognos, and SQL. Maintain and create new reports to perform analysis, support queries raised by business or finance stakeholders using Excel, Essbase, Cognos, and SQL as necessary.
12. Conduct financial, statistical and business analyses, and financial spreadsheet modeling, using a broad range of tools and technologies. Conduct financial, statistical, and business analysis, support queries raised by business or finance stakeholders using Excel, Essbase, Cognos, and SQL, and maintain/create new reports as necessary
13. Track down and identify sources of data, determine the validity of the data, and analyze the variance in the data between various systems and reports. Analyze data to perform calculations and where discrepancies, track down and identify the sources of data, determine validity of data, analyze variance in data between various systems and report and resolve with support of the applicable teams
14. International travel required 5% of the time.
15. Telecommuting benefits are available.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
Please disregard the above bullet point and refer to the below listed job qualifications.
A Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Business
Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related discipline and 1 year of experience in financial analysis or consulting. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree
or foreign equivalent in Business Administration/Management, Finance,
Accounting, Economics, Math or related discipline and 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate experience in financial analysis or consulting.
Experience must include:
1. 1 year of experience accounting management experience with
Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
2. 1 year of experience working knowledge of the COSO internal
control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of
control design and operational efficiency
3. 1 year of experience with GAAP research tools and the FASB
4. 1 year of experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech startup or complex company
5. 1 year of experience with researching and documenting support
for accounting conclusions
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.