Finance Manager - Corp Business Development
Amazon Corporate Business Development is seeking an innovative, high business judgement, analytical and strategic finance leader, who is passionate about Amazon growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a centralized corporate team. The role requires concurrently supporting multiple initiatives that may involve commerce, marketing, content, and technology components across a broad spectrum of businesses.
This business-partnering role supports some of Amazon’s most complex and high-impact commercial partnerships and strategic alliances. You will need to work collaboratively with internal finance teams to understand their business priorities and economics. In addition, you will develop extensive research and analysis of industries, potential partners, and competitors and communicate findings and recommendations to senior management.
We dive deep and provide thoughtful financial analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, dealing with ambiguity, and working effectively with cross-functional teams. The candidate also thrives in fast-paced settings that are constantly evolving. Proving you are a strong finance leader is a critical part of this job. Corporate Business Development is a small, tight-knit team who values strong-analytical individuals who think creatively, deeply understand the space and proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses.
· 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· Bachelors Degree and minimum 8 years of finance experience
· 3 years of equity research, investment banking, strategy consulting, or corporate business development experience
· Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others
· Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
· Business analysis experience related to large commercial business deals
· Experience evaluating new markets for entry
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
· High proficiency of Excel financial modeling and analysis techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.