Arcadis is seeking an Engineering Drawing Office (EDO) Manager to join our growing, dynamic Capital Projects team. Following rescission of client, local, and state COVID restrictions, this will be a site-based position working directly with a major pharmaceutical client with sites at various locations across the Northwest. You must have solid experience developing and implementing procedures for document processing and control in support of a Program Management Office delivering large, complex capital construction projects.
As the EDO Manager, you will act as the guardian of the client document control process and provide regular updates on any change in process or protocol. You will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate document uploads and ensuring correct use of taxonomy and folder structures. You must have a thorough understanding of AutoCAD and other digital solutions and perform monthly audits to ensure compliance. You will report to the Arcadis Site Lead and be responsible for providing support to the Project Management delivery teams. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of the Engineering Drawing Office
- Directing, organizing, and completing all client-specific CAD related work, issues, and deliverables
- Coordinating workload with CAD drafters and/or engineers
- Managing a team of offshore CAD drafters
- Working with engineers and designers in coordinating the generation of accurate, presentable engineering drawings from redlines or other design schematics provided
- Working with external parties (clients, vendors, consultants) to coordinate all project drawings and resolve any issues that may arise
- Developing, implementing, and enforcing client drawing standards
- Dictating the accuracy of documentation and completeness of files, and implementing processes to investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Using knowledge and experience to review project processes and policies, providing advice to support management in developing and improving processes and systems
- Managing MEP providers to ensure client drawing compliance
- Performing quality control for record engineering drawings
- Providing knowledgeable support of AutoCAD and other digital solutions
- Creating diagrams, floor plans, elevations, section-cuts, cross-sections, schedules in AutoCAD from redlines provided by engineers and designers
- Understanding of the design process for complex construction projects
- Work well independently, and exercise independent judgment and evaluation
- Ability to work with cross-functional (PM, controls, finance, engineering) teams in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand and translate business needs into technical requirements and design
- Excellent organization skills: experience maintaining detailed drawing files, meeting deadlines, and proactively surfacing risks and issues
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of stakeholders including senior leaders; build strong and positive relationships
- Critical thinking and analytical approach to understanding the business issues being addressed and how they relate to the project activities #LI-RJ1
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- 7 years of experience providing implementation, training and support in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, BIM 360, and Microsoft Suite programs
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the worlds most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industrys foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the worlds most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.