Embedded Software Engineer in Test
AWS Outcome Driven Engineering (ODE) is a new AWS engineering organization chartered to build new AWS products by applying Amazon’s innovation mechanisms along with AWS digital technologies to real world industry problems. We dive deep with industry leaders to solve problems and unblock industries, enabling them to capitalize on new digital business models. Simply put, our goal is to use the skill and scale of AWS to make the benefits of a connected world achievable for all businesses.
AWS ODE is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Development Engineer in Test obsessed with product quality, customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited to dive deep into an opportunity to change the way the world moves and operates with new products for the automotive industry. Our technical challenges involve developing for next generation automotive architectures, low latency back-end software architecture, edge computing, applied science, and human factor engineering. We develop and apply quantitative algorithms (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, AR/VR) to solve real-world problems and applications at global scale.
Our teams are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive culture, and recognize the importance of a good work/life balance, with flexible schedules depending upon the role. The team members comprise a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing opportunities for new members both to be mentored and for mentorship.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
If you are interested in being part of the future of the digital transformation of global industries, and relate to Amazon's Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/principles), please apply: we would love to explore opportunities for you on our teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of embedded software development experience
· 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one embedded software language such as C++, or C, including object-oriented design
· 3+ years of experience contributing to testing infrastructure and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· Experience working on embedded operating systems (Linux, Android, QNX, or other RTOS)
· Experience with the lifecycle of automotive or consumer device development and production
· Experience designing secure IoT software for embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc.) in a production environment
· Demonstrated experience debugging/troubleshooting embedded systems, including real-time tools
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.