Job Title:Director, Strategic Marketing & Sales
Reports To:Vice President, Marketing
Directly Supervises:Coordinator, Strategic Marketing & Sales
Oversee the Strategy vertical in the Marketing group and creation of omnichannel marketing plans for a wide range of Mariners products.
Work closely with the Mariners Sales team to understand their initiatives and then develop strategic plans for the Marketing group to support those efforts. Responsible for Sales communication tools including emails, web pages, collateral material and more. In addition, this person will lead customer prospecting and acquisition efforts.
This position will serve as a liaison between the Marketing group and the Business Analytics teams, which may be utilized to review campaigns for the Sales and Marketing teams and make recommendations for improved performance.
- Build strategic product campaigns for both Sales and Marketing efforts in order to grow and retain audiences and maximize revenue
- Create reporting tools for strategic campaigns
- Track, score and review omnichannel strategies
- Oversee Sales processes initiatives
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Production groups on creation and delivery of Sales communication tools including, but not limited to, emails, web pages and collateral materials
- Oversee marketing automation efforts and tools used to execute these campaigns
- Leverage data, analytics and segmentation to identify ticket sales opportunities to develop new single-game revenue campaigns
- Supervise Strategic Marketing & Sales Coordinator
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree
- Minimum (5) five years of experience working in marketing, sales and/or strategy, preferably in professional sports or entertainment.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Understanding of the Sports industry preferred
- Marketing, Advertising and/or Sales strategy experience preferred
- Fluency in business analytics and tools
- Proven ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Works across multiple departments with a diverse group of individuals to ensure completion of projects
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Independently takes actions that creates a positive outcome for the organization
- Recognize the complexity of business needs in today’s environment and evolve as needed
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Available to work some nights, weekends and gamedays
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. (Computer, keyboard, mouse and telephone, performing clerical functions)
- Must be able to access assigned locations in T-Mobile Park including navigating concrete stairwells, ramps and concourses.
- Must be able to move up to 10 lbs.