Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Being in a leadership position, the Director of Nursing Services is responsible for the oversight of the Nursing Department functions to ensure the provision of high quality care to all resident in the facility. The RN must be familiar with nursing home rules and regulations, facility policies and procedures, implement and enforce those, such as to benefit facility residents; ensure the facility staffing model/ pattern is maintained and that staff are well equipped to perform their job. The DNS will ensure that the overall organizational and facility systems are developed and maintained to provide the highest quality care and services possible to facility residents. The DNS will be familiar with and work to ensure the mission of the organization is carried out and will work with both, facility and organization leadership to ensure the delivery of excellent care and services to residents; and to insure the competence and performance of all nursing staff meet expected standards.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and licensed in the State of Washington.
- Meet continuing education requirements.
- At least 3 years’ experience in long term care.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a supervisor.
- Must have current nursing license in Washington State.
- IV certification preferred.
- Long Term care experience is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In an interdisciplinary care delivery system, insure the delivery of quality care and services to all facility residents, in compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations; and facility policies and procedures. Including but not limited to:
- Resident Rights & Responsibilities
- Infection Control
- Health and Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Resident Assessments
- MDS Completion
- Care Plans
- Maintain nursing department staffing and coverage as per federal, state, local regulations and facility policy. Recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff.
- Must demonstrate and develop excellent team work within the department and with other facility and organization departments.
- Provide staff training and ensure staff competence; in compliance with Joint.
- Commission and organizational performance standards, including the job description.
- Work closely and constructively with other departmental directors/managers
- Follow all organizational and facility personnel policies and procedures
- Develop and revise, as necessary and in a timely manner, the Nursing Dept. policies and procedures. Departmental policies and procedures must be reviewed on an annual basis.
- Is responsible for Quality Improvement activities in the Nursing Department.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate leadership and a high level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to the position and the organization at all times.
- Must work well with an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to work well in a multicultural setting.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Must be able to accommodate schedule flexibility as needed.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to do calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, using formulas for dosage calculations and as needed to provide nursing care.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and good decision-making ability.
- Must have and demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), and generous paid-time-off. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Sandra Miles at SandraMiles@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 11/05/2019
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.