The AWS Partner Network (APN) team is looking for a Data Engineer to play a key role in building insights from our large and ever-growing sets of partner and customer data. Are you passionate about highly scalable data platforms and visualization? Do you enjoy building end to end analytics solutions to help drive business decisions? If so, this role will challenge and excite you!
The Data Engineer will design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics. Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes leveraging AWS technologies and data tools. Provide on-line reporting and analysis using business intelligence tools and a logical abstraction layer against large, multi-dimensional datasets and multiple sources. Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata. Provides input and recommendations on technical issues.
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· 5+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
· 3+ years of experience data modeling concepts
· 3+ years of work experience with very large data warehousing environment
· 3+ years of experience with big data technologies like spark, hive, mapreduce, yarn , EMR, Airflow, DynamoDB etc.
· 3+ year of coding experience with modern programming or scripting language (Python, Scala, Java, etc.).
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
· Experience building on AWS using S3, EC2, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambda, QuickSight, etc.
· 3+ years experience using big data technologies ( Spark, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, , Airflow etc.)
· Experience using software version control tools (Git, Jenkins, Apache Subversion)
· AWS certifications or other related professional technical certifications
· Experience with cloud or on-premise middleware and other enterprise integration technologies
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.