Data Engineer II
AWS Managed Services (AMS) is seeking a Data Engineer to join our engineering team. This individual will work with the business intelligence, engineering, and product teams to help deliver business intelligence and customer facing data and reporting that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
AMS customers are large enterprise companies (Fortune 100, Fortune 500, Global 2000) and AWS has culture of data-driven decision-making, you will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making.
AMS is a fast paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. Our Data Engineer will build and maintain the infrastructure to answer questions with data. They will use software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and recent advances in distributed systems (e.g. MapReduce, MPP architectures, NoSQL databases). This individual would be responsible for producing data infrastructure that enables insight. Optimizing data persistence processing, and accessibility for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytic Processing (OLAP).
You will interact with customers to gather requirements and structure solutions. Design, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and solutions. Promote industry standard best practices. Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and gaining a deep-dive understanding of key datasets. Tuning application and query performance against large, complex data structures.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 3+ years industry experience
· 3+ years experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· 3 + years in Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
· Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (S3, EC2, Data Pipeline etc.).
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space.
· Experience in Python and/or other data ingestion languages and tools.
· Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.