Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services! We are currently looking for a Custodian to help support our Housing Programs in King County.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of the PHS team committed to the mission and vision of top-notch programs, the Custodian performs assigned/scheduled janitorial duties.
The Custodian is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of residents, staff and visitors; and provides quality services and structured programming designed to promote successful community living.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide disinfecting of high touch areas in the units you are assigned.
- Areas may include, but not limited to hand rails, door knobs, laundry rooms, bathrooms.
- Clean common area floors including vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and waxing as needed.
- Clean and sanitize lavatories and wash basins, clean mirrors, walls, and wash room floors.
- Remove debris or garbage from facilities
- Vacant unit cleaning as needed
- May include unit inventory
- Report any maintenance problems or issues identified while conducting building rounds in a timely manner to the Program Manager.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies needed to perform required duties.
- Report to Program Manager prior to supplies being diminished.
- Encourage residents to engage in hygienic practices
- Respond to residents’ concerns, and provide assistance as indicated.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- At least one year experience in janitorial/custodial work.
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Current CPR/First AID Certification or within two months of hire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required sit or stand for long periods of time, communicate with other persons by talking and hearing, required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Tools: Operate computer hardware and accessories , copy machine, phone, van, mop, broom and various other janitorial tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.