Corporate Counsel, Procurement
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving procurement businesses. You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters including structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complex procurement, licensing, and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including data privacy, regulatory compliance and intellectual property. A successful candidate will have a strong transactional background and be hard-working, proactive, entrepreneurial and able to apply sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations. Some travel, domestic and international, may be required.
- J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience (with at least 3 years at a law firm)
- Corporate transactional background
- Experience in technology or procurement transactions is a plus
- In-house experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines using pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.