SAIC is seeking an Information Systems/Cloud Computing Emerging Technology specialist to support the implementation of innovative solutions for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC).
The ideal candidate is a technologist with experience implementing business and technology requirements for new IT cloud systems based off of federal government policies and requirements.
Cloud, IT management, consulting, and technical writing skills required. The individual plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business, etc. in support of an IT initiative.
- Provide technical expertise on emerging technologies for the federal sector, specifically on implications of collaboration tools and cloud technology deployment.
- Analyze software specifications to recommend policy.
- Research trends in the IT field to identify where the federal government should develop innovative solutions to technology challenges in High Performance Computing and Cloud Computing and weather prediction.
- Prepare briefings and research white papers to inform senior-level stakeholders.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, IT Systems, or related field. 9 years of experience.
Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Information Technology. 7 years of experience.
- Experience in the technical development of software or hardware
- Depth in core Computer Science concepts around Cloud Computing, Information Technology management, PaaS, collaboration methodologies and technologies.
- Knowledge of Scaling, Performance Monitoring & Tuning of Internet Scale systems
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems, Networking & Storage
- Knowledge of Big Data approaches to data and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Knowledge of programming and programming languages
- Familiarity with organizational change management
- An understanding of government policies and laws pertaining to Information Technology, especially cloud deployment and High Performance Computing
- Excellent technical writing skills including research and policy documentation
- Hard working, self-motivated individual who is comfortable handling ambiguity and able to successfully complete tasks within deadlines with limited supervision
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information to draw accurate, logical, and actionable conclusions
- US Citizen with the ability to gain a Public Trust clearance
- Microsoft Certifications related to Office Suite of Products, Azure, File Sharing, etc.
- Amazon Web Services certifications.