Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Full-time job opportunity for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at Sea Mar's Cannon House Facility in Seattle. This is a 32 hours per week shift. Working under the supervision and guidance of a licensed nurse (RN or LPN), the CNA is responsible for assisting with the direct patient care within the scope of their practice, as well as other work in the community which supports the patient milieu. The CNA assists licensed staff to ensure optimal patient care and participates in the healthcare team effort to provide and maintain a clean, safe and attractive environment for residents. The work will include components of direct resident care, nutritional support, observation and documentation, and general maintenance of the resident’s environment. The CNA is responsible for maintaining his/her own clinical and mandatory education requirements, and for meeting the established standards of the profession; he/she is an advocate for the residents under his/her care and their families.
The duties and responsibilities of a CNA include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engaging/communicating with residents on an ongoing basis to develop a trusting, cordial relationship with the residents
- Observing residents, and taking vital signs as per plan of care
- Reporting any health issues and changes of conditions immediately to the supervising nurse
- Taking care of a resident’s personal hygiene, including assisting with showers/baths, shaving, hair care, nail care, etc.
- Remind and/or assist residents with toileting as per care plan
- Emptying catheter bags
- Monitoring vital signs including temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, pain level, and weight as assigned.
- Serving meals, clear dinning area, meal tray delivery to resident’s room as approved by licensed nurse
- Making beds, changing linens, making laundry ready and available for laundry aide
- Keeping the residents’ space tidy on an ongoing basis, to include washing dishes in the resident’s unit, discarding food older than 3 days, etc.
- Assisting the resident to activities, meals, etc
Education, License and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have successfully completed an accredited Nursing Assistant Program and be currently licensed by the professional licensing entity for CNA in WA state.
- Maintains current CPR/BCLS certification at all times.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Must be sufficiently flexible to perform a variety of duties, some or all of which may undergo frequent change.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, as well as pass any state-specific abuse/fraud registry checks.
- Long Term Care Experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and follow instructions in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred but not required.
Employee will operate in a supportive environment and will participate as a team member with a Primary Team Leader who is a licensed nurse and with other members of the facility team who will collectively provide quality care to the residents.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 15-24 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Vivian Weber, Administrator at VivianWeber@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 01/14/2020
External candidates may apply after 01/17/2020
This is a Union position and it is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).