Catalog Specialist - Amazon Physical Stores
Catalog is an essential part of the Amazon experience as it fundamentally influences the way customers shop and how productive our systems and users can be. This is accomplished by creating standardized catalog processes, working with selling partners and content curators to collect high quality data, and using manual resources and technology to enrich product knowledge at scale.
Our team is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join a confidential physical stores team as a Catalog Specialist. This position offers an exciting introduction to the Amazon Marketplace and provides a training ground for success.
You will primarily be responsible for driving increased data quality and solving challenging operational business goals. You will utilize data and develop creative processes to improve your team’s performance. You will directly work with product management and tech teams to develop scale-able, long-term solutions which will have a significant impact on business teams.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is a self-starter, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams, partners, and management. The candidate should have a track record of delivering results, experience processing large amount of data and report generation & management. The candidate should be clear and use data to drive their communication with stakeholders. The candidate should be able to resolve issues with limited guidance.
Key job responsibilities
- Create, label and curate the data for Amazon products
- Verify information by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data; combines data from both systems when information is incomplete; purges files to eliminate duplication of data
- Produce, and maintain quality metrics reports that support analysis and performance management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to fully understand assortment, requirements and feedback to extend attribution to new workflows
- Curate a product taxonomy, define attribute guidelines and values, develop SOPs, and train an offshore team
- Catalog Expansion through New Item Setup, Offer Creation, and Pricing Configuration
A day in the life
· Your daily responsibility will be providing input on various types of data requiring high levels of attention to detail and consistency.
· You are expected to meet weekly accuracy and productivity metrics to drive towards team goals.
· Your work is done independently, so being self sufficient and being able to stay on task, and knowing when to ask for help are key to success.
About the team
· Our mission is to provide data, expertise, and specialized services that enable the team to develop technology and features that positively impact our customers
· While the work you do is independent, our team works closely with each other to share tips, best practices, and other inputs to help each other improve.
- 1 – 2 years of education or work experience within fashion
- Accurate data entry skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Able to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy doing multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- Sagemaker Groundtruth
- Fashion School Graduates
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.