Business Systems Analyst, Service Ops
Amazon is looking for a smart, driven, problem solver to provide support for our evolving HR tools and processes. In this role, you will provide configuration and analysis services for our service management solution built on Salesforce.com. You will capture business requirements from global customers, document them clearly, and execute system configuration updates to meet those requirements.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
Key job responsibilities
- Gather and document requirements: coordinate the collection of global business requirements and document them as User Stories. Write Business Requirement Documents and Functional Specifications as needed.
- Design and configure Salesforce solutions that support business requirements
- Proficient with out of the box Salesforce.com configuration features such as workflows, process builders, validation rules, case assignment rules, escalation rules, page layouts, Data Loader, and reports and dashboards.
- Develop test plans, write test scripts, and execute test cases to ensure the system configuration meets the business requirements
- Troubleshoot and fix defects for planned releases and production issues
- Build trust through strong, long-term relationships with cross-functional Business and Technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year of Salesforce Administrator, Business Analyst, or equivalent work experience
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-201)
- Knowledge of SFDC configuration capabilities in Classic and Lightning
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce.com platform, Lightning web components, Visualforce, Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers development experience
- Web services support or experience with Salesforce APIs (REST, SOAP, Metadata, etc.)
- Knowledge of integrations, third-party integration tools and ETL with Salesforce
- Experience working with technical and business stakeholders from global cross-functional teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.