Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are seeking a process minded, highly motivated, experienced Sr. Program Manager to join our Business Process Improvement and Enablement team! To be successful in this role, you need to be familiar with process mapping, as-is and to-be design, project and change management. You bring business analyst acumen and program management execution. You will work with Business Stakeholders and other team members to drive prioritization of complex problems and solutions. You are a self-starter who pushes back against the status quo.
- Track record of delivering programmatic goals and managing complex projects
- Working directly with your assigned business unit to help them reach their goals
- Establish and drive to program and/or project milestones and deliverables, partnering closely with Customer Success leaders to enable them to meet their goals
- Complete process analyses, pull reports to prove and disprove hypotheses, document business requirements
- Design new solutions with buy-in from Business Unit leaders
- Full Change Management planning; roll-out large-scale changes to broad audience of stakeholders
- Conducting impact analysis
- Work closely with stakeholders, senior management, and outside organizations on project progress and communicate issues and risks and mitigation strategies.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives
- Mentors and coaches project team members as appropriate
- 4-7+ years' experience in program/project management
- Willing to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
- Ability to work with distributed teams
- Experience documenting and designing processes
- Value stream mapping
- Executive presence, high level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Demonstrated ability of working in complex cross-cultural environments to drive business process change.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion
- Prior role as a business analyst
- Six Sigma certification is a bonus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers more than 700 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers.
Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.