Business Intelligence Engineer II
As a Business Intelligence / Data Engineer you will enable data-driven decision making within the Amazon Web Services Data Center Infrastructure Operations organization.
The Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and continuously improving the global Amazon Data Center infrastructure. The team supports all aspects of the Data Center based organizations, including but not limited to : Safety, Security, maintenance, daily operations, logistics, engineering and equipment management.
You will be developing, implementing and maintaining the information data warehouse, and utilizing insight platforms, to enable decision support systems for the overall organization.
You should have excellent business and communication skills, and be able to work with business owners to understand their data and reporting requirements.
Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and be someone who is able to bring data sets together to answer business questions and drive growth. You will build ETLs to ingest the data into the data warehouse and datalake, as well as end-user facing reporting applications. You will primarily support teams within the Infrastructure environment, but will also have opportunities to support teams in the overall Amazon Web Services community.
You will work with business customers and development teams to define analytics requirements and then deliver flexible, scalable, end-to-end solutions.
You will have an opportunity to work with big data and emerging technologies while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, data modeling, ETL, metadata, reporting, and dashboarding.
You should have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
· 5+ years of experience with Data modeling, SQL, ETL , Data Warehousing and Datalakes
· 5+ years experience in writing SQL scripts Expert knowledge in an enterprise class RDBMS
· 4+ years of experience with enterprise-class Business Intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, Oracle BI, Penthao, etc.
· Ability to balance and prioritize multiple conflicting requirements with high attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including ability to succinctly summarize key findings and effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Comfortable working in a Linux environment
· Experience with MPP databases such as Redshift
· Knowledge of AWS products and services
· Exposure to predictive/advanced analytics and tools (such as R, SAS, Matlab)
· Experience with Datalake development
· Exposure to noSQL databases (such as DynamoDB, MongoDB)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.