Business Analyst, Edge Infrastructure Business Development
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
The AWS Infrastructure Edge BD team is seeking for an experienced Business Analyst to support its fast growing operations. In this role you will work closely with edge demand planning, finance, networking, and other BI teams across AWS to deliver high quality and robust data visualizations and analyses, and provide key business insights to drive efficient scaling of edge infrastructure globally.
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data driven decision making? You will own data analytics projects from beginning to end, utilizing business intelligence tools to drive key recommendations and produce planning models, forecasting, and analysis. Your analysis will contribute deeply to the development of our strategy and drive impact against our business objectives.
Key job responsibilities
· Analytics; establish baseline metrics and analytics, collaborate with Business Operations and the leadership team to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals. Establish and maintain dashboards, reports, and executive review documents that will drive business outcomes
· Monitor existing KPI metrics, developing new metrics, identity correlations and root causes
· Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action at scale
· Performing regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics
· Support quarterly, annual planning activities
· Develop programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data
· 2+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, data visualization, financial modeling, and/or statistical modeling
· 2+ years of experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
· 2+ years of advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, Power Pivots, etc) and data analytics tools such as Quicksight or Tableau
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Math, or related discipline; or 3+ years of relevant industry experience
· Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and recommendations
· Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Master’s degree
· Tableau or other broadly used analytics tool certifications
· Proven ability to balance competing priorities, workloads, and meet tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
· Ability to triage data concerns with both business and technical stakeholders, establish root cause, and propose quality improvement mechanisms
· Data center planning experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.