Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Full-time Temporary Data Analysis position available with a possibility of hiring permanently. Sea Mar Community Health Centers is looking for a dynamic individual to join the IT Applications team. The Business Systems Analyst will have primary responsibility for medical application support of electronic medical records and practice management systems under supervision. Additional duties include systems analysis in support of multiple business processes and external reporting requirements, project management and coordination of applications and infrastructure systems. Direct vendor coordination of patches and upgrades as well as task management and troubleshooting of production issues. Please see additional details below.
Experience and/or Skills:
- Experienced business intelligence developer and data analyst with primary area of responsibility in support of health information and practice management systems.
- Leadership role in the planning, development and production of performance reports and interactive analytic applications addressing health quality and resource use for the Organization.
- Support the design and development of advanced analytic and reporting capabilities using Microsoft’s and other analysis tools.
- Support the creation and maintenance of report design standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts, business analysts from other disciplines to build end to end solutions for business units.
- Assist with the development and preparation of project plans and schedules.
- Identify project technical issues and consult with leaders and team members to resolve them.
- Develop technical documents related to performance reports including technical specifications, issue briefs, write-ups of technical items for committee consideration.
- Provide daily and ongoing technical support as required by the user community: Interface between end users and vendor support to resolve technical issues; provide end-user support as required for daily functional activities; track issues and change requests; submit, manage and track escalated issues with vendor technical support; monitor application operations; and maintain data (clear tables, check transaction logs, validate interfaces to other applications (pharmacy, labs, accounting, etc.)
- Report development. Maintain and document existing recurring and one-time reports, changes to reports and new reports. Maintain version control of all reports and their associated code.
- Data analysis and report generation in support of internal and external reporting requirements
- Provide training and direction as required by the user community: Prepare training documentation for end -user support as required; conduct end -user training as required.
- Process Improvement: Install, configure, and maintain application modules as required in coordination with vendors and the IT team. Perform related upgrades, apply patches, define security roles and standards, migrate and convert data in coordination with vendors and the IT team.
- Install, configure, and test new product introductions. Provide test scripts and procedures to ensure compliance with current standards and procedures.
- Develop and maintain forms. Responsible for maintenance of current forms and design and development of new forms as needed by operational and administrative users. Maintain and document all forms, changes to forms and additional new forms. Maintain version control of all forms and their associated code. Participate in revisions and updates, including but not limited to functional testing of upgrades.
- Participate in the evaluation and editing of policies and procedures related to information technology.
- Assist in leadership or operational project ideas, planning and proposals. Perform business process analysis with respect to systems, and develop cost-effective solutions based on current and future technology.
- Ensure that application reporting meet business requirements and fulfill end-user needs.
- Direct vendor coordination of updates and system enhancements necessary for optimal performance of production reporting environments.
- Build developer test cases to ensure compliance with business requirements prior to user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with system and network administrators to identify and resolve systems issues.
- Collaborate in testing new application services.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of development efforts, and assist in contract negotiations as needed.
- Provide assistance to operational, administrative, analytical and quality staffs with data analysis and reporting requirements.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of best practices for data reporting and analysis.
- 2+ year’s clinical/patient database application support or closely related medical/dental/behavioral health applications.
- 1+ years of experience with system integration.
- 2+ years of experience with reporting and report creation.
- Demonstrated understanding of T-SQL and T-SQL reporting in SQL Server or related RDBMS.
- Familiarity with client/server technology, LANs, end user reporting tools.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated history of working successfully as a team member.
- 1+ years’ experience in data warehouse development, dimensional modeling, OLAP, ETL design.
- 2+ years’ hands on experience with SQL Server 2005/2008, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel Services.
- Demonstrated SQL development with extensive experience in developing stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, & advanced logical methods.
- Solid understand and experience designing and developing multidimensional databases.
- Knowledge of and experience with VB, C#, ASP and/or MDX highly desirable.
- Experience creating meaningful end-user reports displaying health quality and cost information for a wide range of audiences.
- Strong analytic and quantitative aptitude, including an understanding of statistics.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple complex projects simultaneously, manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on cross-organizational initiatives.
- Self-directed; a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong inter-personal skills and poise to interact with senior leaders.
- Technical and detail oriented.
- SSRS/SSIS & Crystal Reports experience.
Education, Certificate and/or License:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent work experience, Competence with testing, flowcharting, and data mapping tools and procedures desired.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws including HIPAA
- EMR/EHR/EDR experience and/or training, Epic preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Rich Dixson-M’Ricerd, Applications Manager at RichardDixson@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 12/31/2019
External candidates may apply after 01/03/2020
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.