Do you want to be part of an innovative and rapidly growing business? Are you looking for a role with ownership and the ability to work across global teams to launch a product?
AWS’s Worldwide Revenue Operations Segmentation and Planning (WWRO S&P) team provides the technology, tools, and processes to support the rapidly growing world-wide AWS Sales organization. This includes finding inventive ways to scale the business, which will be critical for AWS to continue its incredible growth.
WWRO is seeking an Automation Specialist and Operations Analyst to partner with Sales Operations and the broader Sales organization to continually evolve and automate mechanisms using analytics workflow software and general-purpose programming languages. This will include identification, development, implementation and optimization of business processes, systems, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives.
Location: Position may be based in Seattle, WA; Boston, MA; Arlington, VA; or Dallas, TX. Amazon will provide relocation assistance from within the US only to these locations.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Work with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them.
· Drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems,
· Project-manage multiple workflows and communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally.
· Work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical and business process automation deliverables.
· Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years’ experience as an analyst or engineer with a focus on process automation
· Proficient in SQL, Python, or similar scripting languages
· Experience working on business intelligence projects measuring key business metrics
· Experience automating manual workflows
· Highly proficient with MS Excel
· Experience working with large (1M+) row data sets and joining data between different databases
· M.S. in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, or a related technical field
· Experience with AWS services like SageMaker, Amazon Forecast, S3, Glue ETL, or similar tools is a plus, but not required
· Experience with Sales operations workflows
· Experience with data visualization software such as Quicksight, Domo, or Tableau
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of supporting a variety of stakeholders
· Exhibits sound business judgment and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and providing clear answers to complex problems
· Experience with business-process design
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.