Job Title: Assistant Manager, Business Operations
Salary: $63,000 + Excellent Benefits
Schedule: Full Time – Monday-Friday with occasional hours/days outside of routine schedule
***Please attach a resume and a cover letter to be considered for this role. Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 10, 2020 at 4PM ***
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work performed by this role. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Who We Are:
When people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center (NWC) is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a “for-purpose“ organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services, while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team operates in a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment where we provide professional 5-star customer service across several program divisions. The Assistant Manager, Business Operations will provide operational and business support to the NWC@Amazon account in the areas of budgeting, invoicing and overall operational performance.
The Assistant Manager, Business Operations is responsible for ensuring all financial information is entered, tracked and reported to both NWC and Amazon key stakeholders as needed. Responsible for managing a number of specialized positions supporting our vendor and Amazon business partners, leading the monthly close out process, tracking spend and validating spends against budget lines, while performing reconciliation of vendor payments and holding vendors accountable. The Assistant Manager will drive continuous improvement for our Amazon project programs and align program deliverables with organizational goals and service level targets.
The successful candidate is results-driven, collaborative and a creative thought leader who engages with cross functional teams, while simultaneously managing multiple programs to achieve determined objectives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor program budgets and monthly invoicing, forecast potential changes to actual spend and provide financial reports as requested.
- Ensure all invoices are accurately submitted on time every month and enter the associated data into budget tracker.
- Maintain all NWC financial forecasting and analysis of program spend vs. budget.
- Monitor the Amazon Purchase Order (PO) process, ensuring each PO budget is on track and working with Account Director on amending and creating new Purchase Orders.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of program budget spends, contact and hold vendors accountable to agreed upon service levels.
- Assist with monthly close out process, tracking internal spend and validation against budget lines.
- Assist Directors in annual, quarterly and monthly financial planning, budgeting and forecasting process for @Amazon in conjunction with NWC finance team.
- Assist in drafting the monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews in collaboration with the Director and Management team, ensuring accurate content and metrics.
- Maintain all personnel information ensuring all organizational charts are up to date, all pay rates, reporting lines and titles are correctly reflected in the NWC systems, and all employee documentation is stored in the correct location.
- Facilitate the updating of information on the NWC intranet site, ensuring all NWC@Amazon information is accurate and current.
- Partner with Manager and Director teams to strategically plan for optimal staffing levels.
- Supervise a number of specialized positions who support various vendor and Amazon business partners.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff through effective training, ongoing feedback and identifying development opportunities.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Establish and implement regular communication to staff and leadership on updates, Amazon and NWC news and informative topics.
- Check-in with staff to review and ensure that all procedures and policies are understood and followed.
- Respond to and immediately escalate issues occurring within scope of responsibility.
- Assist Leadership in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree from an accredited institution required.
- 1+ years of experience successfully managing the business operations of a team.
- 1+ years of managing multiple vendors.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Experience managing cross-functional programs with demonstrated outputs leading to achieved results.
- Highly proficient with a range of information technology, tools and platforms including Microsoft Office.
- Must be decisive, but collaborative in decision making.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effectively relate with all members of the leadership team.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and ability to maintain complete confidentiality with all sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Occasional travel required: less than 10%
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process.
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools (Power BI).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI to create interactive dashboards and reports.
- Project and program management experience in delivering key business outcomes.
- Candidate must have executive presence and be able to influence stakeholders and business partner groups.
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor management experience.
- Must be able to frequently carry heavy object and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk regularly within a 1.5 mile radius is required.
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.IND123