Android Software Engineer for Prime Video Fire TV
Does the idea of creating customer experiences that enable millions of people around the world, including friends and family, to enjoy live events excite you? Us too!
The Prime Video Live Events CX (customer experience) team owns the iOS, Android and Fire TV Prime Video Live Events CX for our global customer base. We focus on delivering great Live experiences that are engaging and give customers, a sense of belongingness to events that matter most to them including concerts, news, award shows, and sporting events such as NFL, Premier League, Cricket, NBA, Golf and more!
We are looking for mid to senior level Software Development Engineers who are passionate about building compelling CX and middl-tier services. The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, cutting-edge features, and getting solutions in front of our millions of customers.
What you’ll do:
- Own architecture and feature development for our Android/Fire TV apps and middle-tier web services.
- Partner with other engineers to ideate, design, and build scalable software solutions.
- Drive test and release automations to increase system reliability and speed to market.
- Collaborate with product managers to influence decisions that customer deliver value.
- Help shape the future of Prime Video's mobile & Fire TV platforms, as we adopt new technologies to increase agility and cross-platform collaboration.
What we’re looking for:
[If you only meet some criteria go ahead and apply, let’s have a conversation.]
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team, and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing top notch consumer mobile/TV applications and customer experiences.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience working within large scaling native Android application design.
· Experience with systems and processes to validate and assert quality of Android applications.
· Experience operating and maintaining production software.
· Experience applying best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
· Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
· Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.