Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. We are a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor. Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding the teams across all functions globally.
As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion.
We are looking for an Alliances Business Operations Manager in Denver or Seattle to join #TeamGreen
The Alliances Business Operations Program Manager will provide critical program management leadership primarily focused on (but not limited to) the continuing growth and increasing performance of the Matillion Partner Network channel program: overseeing rhythm of business of the program as a whole, administration of the program’s component technology platforms, introduction of new technology and processes, collaborating with program stakeholders in business development, marketing, etc., and participating as SME in ad hoc projects as required by the Alliance team.
The Alliances Business Operations Program Manager provide PM leadership for and will be instrumental to the ongoing development of the Matillion Partner Network and its core asset, the partner portal, including:
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Solid understanding of Matillion channel operations from end to end, including internal stakeholder and partner requirements, key technology components, internal and external processes, critical performance measurements, objectives and roadmap, and confidence in translating these factors into sound operational decisions and prioritization of time/effort.
- Operation and administration of ISV software (including such as Salesforce, Impartner, Tableau, Asana) using best practices for each. Support the internal and external stakeholders in their user journey with these technologies as required via in-person and online training, business hours, and ad hoc calls and meetings.
- Work to transform the Alliances team culture into a robust services organization, data-driven by requirements and known for shipping on-time, to-spec with regard to service uptime, issue response, software configurations, technology releases, project management, and performance tracking and reporting.
- Work with stakeholders in Executive Team, Business Development, Marketing, Finance, and others to continually evolve the partner program, with a particular focus on mapping functionality to increased program outcomes and impact on Matillion’s business, and positive user feedback (fitness for purpose, stability/usability).
- Assume ownership of key performance metrics as pertains to partners ability to onboard and transact in the program, report and socialize these metrics and continually strive to improve outcomes.
- Lead or participate with other teams at Matillion (including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Support, etc.) to implement cross-functional projects as required (examples such as issue ticketing system, financial compensation processes, etc). Track projects and communicate roadmap to stakeholders.
- Efficiently resolve end user and partner team site issues, and use best practices in change management to eliminate common issues without introducing new ones.
- 5+ years of experience of relevant professional experience as a business program manager or related function. Strong program- and project management skills and track record deploying and operating ISV software, shipping internal features/business processes, and administration of business user services.
- 2+ years deploying/administering Salesforce environments
- 2+ years managing internet portals and associated services (Sharepoint, partner portal, etc)
- Strong consultative skills: building trust and confidence working closely with internal, partner, and customer end-users
- Ability to communicate effectively to, and translate between, technical and business audiences
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to draw out and understand a business user’s requirements and business goals (might not be what they are specifically asking for)
- Working knowledge of technical elements that compose the core of Matillion’s business: cloud service providers, big data, cloud data warehouses, extract/transform/load, etc.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, under different project management styles.
- Strong Interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills at the intersection of technical + business
- Ability to work collaboratively, see the bigger picture, stay focused on impact
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage internal and external stakeholders’ expectations Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (especially over the phone/web conference)
- Creativity, entrepreneurialism
Find out more about Matillion
Our purpose-built data transformation products for Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Snowflake are trusted by over 500+ businesses all over the world, including GE, Siemens, Converse and Citrix, making us an industry leader. Businesses are generating more data than ever before, across a variety of source systems. They need new and more efficient ways of consolidating and transforming your data sources in order to make better, more informed decisions and in turn, gain competitive advantage. Matillion helps businesses of all sizes handle the variety, volume, and velocity of their data, by transforming data across various sources into cloud data warehouses.
When we hire at Matillion, we hire people not roles. We are interested in growing our team whilst protecting our culture, with dedicated and passionate individuals who share our values. The Matillion values are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond, to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way
6. We Care about our People and our Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our People Operations team will be in touch!