ECS is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work in our Seattle, WA office.
ECS Federal, LLC has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant to provide direct support services to the NMFS Office of Law Enforcement (OLE). Specific activities include:
- Execute and maintain NMFS OLE records management program. This will include but be limited to the development of policies and procedures (related to records management), training staff, and administrative oversight (audits). Improve organizational efficiency and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations with regard to records management.
- Assists in managing the flow of correspondence. Insures correspondence is accurate, approved and filed correctly. Assists in the maintenance of a correspondence database.
- Ensure timely quality responses for administrative records throughout the search, review and compilation stages to be used to defend the agency in litigation in accordance with Department of Commerce (DOC) General Counsel guidance.
- Work with the NMFS OLE records manager to develop and maintain a tracking system for records disposition in accordance with appropriate authority.
- Schedules appointments with: NMFS OLE staff when appropriate to discuss information requests or records matters, GC for records review, coordinators from other regions when applicable, and HQ FOIA and records liaison when applicable.
- Organize all Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests directly received by and tasked to NMFS OLE. Coordinate search, collection and review of responses to requesters and act as principal in communications with same. Collaborate with General Counsel (GC) and NMFS HQ in the review, collation and clearance process. Review requests in accordance with the standards and procedures prescribed by law, the NOAA/NMFS FOIA Handbook, and all relevant guidance and directives; and prepare all documentation and responsive records required for action, including the preparation of findings with respect to redactions, exemptions and exclusions as prescribed by law.
- Consult with GC on matters regarding contacts made with requesters designed to clarify the scope and detail of FOIA requests, consult with NMFS OLE leadership and division principals, including the preparation of written tasks in response to FOIA requests, and coordinate the collection, assembly, and indexing of responsive documents and materials pursuant to FOIA requests and ensure that appropriate steps are taken to protect the confidentiality of information, as prescribed by law.
- Three years of experience in business, engineering, science, or related field.
- Experience with developing and implementing a Records Management Program.
- Understanding of the Freedom of Information Act requirements.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.