Account Representative I
Amazon Services is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Representative for our Softlines sales team. The Account Representative will be responsible for recruiting and launching businesses within the Softlines category. This person will be the primary point of contact for those companies throughout the entire sales process. The Account Representative will be chartered with developing and managing a sales pipeline mix of both high value and transactional accounts while executing sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition and output goals. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the senior management and executive teams of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create and present compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
As an organization, Amazon’s North American Seller Services is uniquely highly influential by coordinating across Amazon customers, Amazon category teams and Amazon Sellers. We are a business development organization; we drive growth for over 2MM Amazon Sellers through business intelligence, cross-selling efforts and integrated Account Management. We are successful by focusing on aggressive growth for our Sellers’ businesses.
Identify, qualify, acquire and grow seller commitment to Selling on Amazon programs.
Analyze customer data and make recommendations in order to maximize the potential of the assigned territory. Execute successfully on the plan recommended.
Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers in your territory. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal team.
Prospect and close business to achieve quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of sellers recruited.
Understand and utilize the right tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly quota goals.
Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
Prioritize and complete additional projects while maintaining current book of business such as mentorship, competitive analysis, and sales analysis.
Prepare and deliver business reviews regarding progress and state of health for the respective territory.
Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets and operational metrics.
Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Selling on Amazon product.
Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities.
Assist internal partners to drive change, remove roadblocks and close business.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience including 3+ years of sales experience in eCommerce, retail technology, SaaS, or software industries
· Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold-calling companies
· Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
· Always does what is right for the customer—relentlessly customer-focused
· Experience with outbound sales, cold calling and pipeline management
· Successfully navigate through fast-paced environment dealing with ambiguity like startup. Enjoy learn from doing and build from scratch. Can identify insight quickly and setup SOP and mechanism instead of requiring detail guidance to follow
· Proven record of driving end to end sales and account management with all the issues of your customer. Enjoy hangs-on solving customer pain point effectively instead of waiting for others
· Experience using tools such as Excel and SQL to analyze data and make business decisions
· Proficient in SalesForce
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.