Industrial Machine Operator
We are assisting our local customer in recruiting for an Industrial Polymer Fabricator. Our client has successfully raised the level of polymer processing products for the high purity Pharma, Biotech, and Food processing industries. Our customer has place greater emphasis on compound quality and performance, controlling their traceability, product quality, and engineering improved products.
· Industrial fabrication of gaskets and seals which may include:
· Operate soft gasket press, circle cutter, allpax cutter, and shears. Use a punch press machine with dies to cut soft gasket
· Maintain equipment, preventative maintenance and minor repairs * Participate in lean shop and safety regulations.
· Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming goods to verify receipt of items against shipping notice, records and checks quantity and quality of goods received for conformity to purchase orders and specifications. May inspect, accept, or reject goods received.
· Input stock items into computer and store in the assigned location in or around the warehouse.
· Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
· Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
· Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten material.
· Position, align, and secure work pieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
· Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
· Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts.
· High school or equivalent (GED) preferred.
· 5 years of prior injection or extrusion machine operation experience required.
· Basic computer skills required.
· Must be able to use a tape measure and understand basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
· Enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging, and teamwork environment.
· Able to work 1st or 2nd shift.
· Must be able to pass Production Skills Test
· Must be able to pass satisfactory criminal background and drug test.