· Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences in the area of music.
· Develop individualized lesson plans to meet the needs of DD population
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs.
· Use relevant technology to support instruction.
· Observe and evaluate student's performance and development in music class.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
· Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
· Prepare required reports, CSE, IEP etc.
· Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures. Implement TCI-DD as per training.
· Implement Positive Behavior Intervention and Support.
· Participate in department and school meetings, CDE, committee and parent teacher conferences.
· Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
· Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
· Work with the inter-disciplinary team in the provision of all job duties.
· Promote and support the environment of positive behavior support.
· Promote pro-social behaviors and interactions between student and staff.
· Support and participate in behavior management program.
· Attend in-service training sessions, staff meetings and seminars as needed.
· Serve as a role model for students, maintaining values such as integrity, respect for self and all others, dignity, self control and respect.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors or higher from an accredited institution
· NYS Music Teacher Certification
· Relevant teaching experiences with DD population
Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
· Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
Attending TCI class for certification/re-certification and passing a test upon completion of course is a minimum requirement for employment
SCO Family of Services is an equal opportunity employer