As a leader in the jewelry industry for four generations and as the largest family-owned jeweler in the U.S., Shane Co. serves our customers with an unparalleled standard of excellence. Our people get to share in our customers' milestone moments such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between. We are looking for passionate, vibrant individuals who want to be a part of our dynamic company culture in a luxury retail environment.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing superior customer service in a Shane Co. retail location, supporting top lines sales growth and driving bottom line profits, maintaining store facilities, inventory, supplies and protecting all company assets, and responsible for administrative and financial procedures in accordance with all company standards, guidelines and expectations. The Operations Manager is responsible for the selection and development of the AOM and the office staff, and directly responsible for the management of the Shop, including Shop personnel and monitoring the Shop for efficient and effective operations. With others on the store leadership team, the Operations Manager has influence on and responsibility for all aspects of the sales, customer, and employee experience.
Why Work for Shane Co.?
Shane Co. is a family-owned business and everyone who works in our organization is part of the family. This family point of view is exactly why we want to take care of you AND your family.
- We want driven and competitive people who help us satisfy the customers' needs. We do not sell on commission, we offer a competitive base rate and we bonus based on team performance.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very generous for retail! It is important for us to be available when our customers need us so we do work weekends, however our hours of operation are the best in the business (We close at 5pm on Saturday and Sunday). You accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year. We are closed on 7 holidays (unlike most retailers), AND we pay you for one volunteer day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time you earn.
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able to be there for them.
- We offer very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as a 401 (k) plan with a company match, company paid life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (partner, children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we offer a generous discount in our stores or online for you AND your family members!
- Responsible for the administration of new hire paperwork and onboarding of all store employees.
- Oversee the training and development of office and shop staff.
- Administer and/or assist with appropriate performance appraisals; coaching and counseling as well when needed in other store departments.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Store Manager regarding shop employee performance.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly office meetings and bi-weekly shop meetings, including maintaining a written record of these meetings.
- Assist the AOM in their preparation, delivery and communication of monthly/ periodic touch bases with their office staff.
- Build and maintain all store schedules with final approval from the Store Manager and approve timecards.
- Monitor and maintain overall efficiency of office and shop operations including but not limited to—
- Shop job flow and timely delivery to customers
- Assure all shop jobs are quality checked using appropriate team members to complete task
- Accurate processing of all merchandise transfers and inventory control
- Monitor and ensure all gold by transactions and processes are followed and maintained in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Monitor and track timely maintenance of shop equipment
- Ensure security of all company assets including financial resources, merchandise, supplies and findings
- Monitor and maintain all issues related to the technological aspects of the store through active communication with relevant support departments to address issues
- Ensure customer concerns and complaints are addressed and resolved in an efficient and timely manner with a high degree of discretion and flexibility, including merchandise pricing, returns, and refunds; OM should listen for and communicate such details to the Visual Merchandiser and/or Store Manager, as necessary.
- Working with the Facilities Department to address all issues of store and appearance and maintenance, including interior and exterior of the store as well as the store landscaping and parking lot.
- Submit work orders in a timely and accurate manner
- Utilize the store calendar to coordinate and schedule necessary maintenance
- Timely and efficient follow-up with Facilities Department
- Proper inspection and sign-off upon completion of work orders
- Ensure accurate and timely ordering of all store supplies while being aware of expense control
- In the absence of, or at the direction of the Store Manager, act as the primary manager with overall responsibility for store operations, direction and guidance.
The focus of this role is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, championing company culture and values, working outside guidelines where necessary, but adhering to rules and procedures where necessary or prudent, being supportive, cooperative, thorough and precise. Results are achieved only with and through others. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced job environment which is results-based – a bias for action. Must be friendly, respectful and genuinely interested in the needs and development of others. Must be able to work in close collaboration within different areas of the company. Leads by example in areas of personal character, values, commitment, organizational skills, selling skills and work habits.
The primary environment for this role is an open office. Considerable business is conducted using the telephone and computer technology. Travel may be required
< 5% of the time.
- 1 to 2 years prior experience managing and developing others
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or prior experience with office operations, asset management and day-to-day functions in an office environment
- Possess cash handling and customer service skills
- Prior responsibility for managing the activities related to maintaining physical facilities through putting in and tracking work orders, scheduling maintenance or related tasks is desirable but not required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred, although not required; high school diploma or equivalent required
- Mist have weekend and evening availability