AmeriSave Mortgage is currently seeking Mortgage Underwriters for our Scottsdale, AZ location. AmeriSave is one of the nation’s leading direct mortgage lenders, possessing top lender rankings on Lending Tree, Consumer Affairs, Bankrate, Zillow and others. Our goal is to make the mortgage process simple and fast with our advanced technology and our talented team of mortgage professionals. We offer a fun, casual and entrepreneurial-spirited work environment where employees are recognized, celebrated and provided with the most advanced tools to help them grow and succeed.
- Underwrite purchases, refinances and preapproval requests
- Analyze loan documents (credit reports, income documentation, tax returns, assets, appraisal reports, title reports, insurance documents, fraud prevention products, purchase contract, etc) for accuracy and completeness and deliver valid credit decisions
- Must be detailed in loan approval rationale including income and asset calculations clearly noted
- Conduct timely review and clearing of conditions/stipulations on files returned for review
- Provide timely and thorough responses to individual prefunding audits, investor audits and Review Desk responses to declines.
- Maintain company turn time expectations
- Maintain current level of knowledge on all requirements by consistently researching and reviewing the applicable guidelines, program updates, credit overlays and changes
- Requires a minimum of 2 years recent frontline mortgage underwriting experience
- Must be familiar with Desktop Underwriter
- Understanding of mortgage auditing and quality control process
- Strong credit, risk analysis and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and must be detail oriented
- Team player with excellent customer service skills