Maintenance Technician Full Ti-105010
Req Number: 19-120049
3560 North Marshall Way, Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read and communicate effectively with guests, associates and outside vendors.
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and other guidelines and company standards.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use units of measurement for weight, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to assist with solving guest issues and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to remain stationary, be mobile, navigate the hotel, handle, reach, and detect objects, tools, or controls, and detect scent and detect sounds.
- The associate must be able to position self to access low areas, traverse heights and remain stable while doing so, balance, and the ability to bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The associate must be able to occasionally push/pull objects (tools/carts/cleaning equipment) weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The associate must have the ability to discern or detect items in guest rooms to ensure safe performance of work.
- The associate may frequently work in outside weather conditions (depending on hotel).
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud noise levels.
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree( GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Maintenance Engineer (or “ME“) position must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates. The position is responsible to ensure that all property equipment is functioning, premises are maintained in a pristine condition, and that all guest rooms are in good repair. The position is responsible for ensuring that all tasks outlined in the Green Shield Binder and as directed by the management team and/or Regional Asset Manager are completed in a timely fashion in accordance with company standards.
Watch A Day in the Life video for Maintenance Engineer
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- The ME must be able to work with minimal supervision while performing all essential duties to satisfaction and company standard.
- Job function to include assisting guests upon request, responding to all guest requests with diligent follow through in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Job function to include performing the out of room cleaning outlined in the Green Shield Binder to ensure that the premises are maintained in pristine condition. This includes but is not limited to trash and debris, trash containers, cleanliness of building interior and exterior, grounds, walkways, stairwells, driveways and parking areas.
- Job functions to include performing repairs listed on work orders and following the work order process as outlined in the Green Shield Binder. Repairs must be made in a timely fashion and professional manner.
- Job functions to include preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as outlined in the Green Shield Binder.
- Job functions to include following the Green Shield Inspection schedule on a daily basis in order to accomplish all tasks outlined in a timely fashion in accordance with company standard.
- Job functions to include maintaining all records as outlined within the Green Shield Binder to include but not limited to Guest Room PM deficiencies, PM Room Inspections, Life Safety Inspections, Elevator Inspections and Non-Guest Room Deficiency Log.
- Job function to include following the outlined work flow on the Green Shield Schedule, utilizing the SOPs as a reference guide to complete all tasks per company standard.
- Job function to include maintaining an organized and clean work area in the maintenance room, while managing and safe guarding all maintenance tool inventory on a daily basis. Need to ensure that all tools are in good working condition.
- Job function to include maintaining a clean and organized boiler room, electric rooms, HVAC rooms, fire sprinkler rooms, in accordance with company standard and local ordinance.
- Job function to include ensuring that all fire safety equipment (fire alarm system, smoke detectors, CO detectors, fire extinguishers, etc) are operational and that inspections are current and in compliance with company standards and local ordinance.
- Compliance with all ESA safety and security policies and procedures to include OSHA and ADA.
- Job function to include maintenance of pool and or spa in accordance with ESA policies, procedures and in compliance with local ordinance.
- Job functions to include assisting with or handling the response to emergencies at the property or sister location when asked by management.
- Job functions to include monitoring and follow up with outside vendors when directed by management.
- Assisting with cleaning any areas of the hotel as assigned by the manager when needed to include but not limited to font desk, associate breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness.
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay range information for the position you are applying for is below.
Disclaimer: Compensation may vary based on role, level, experience, length of time in a position, and
location. Candidates are not guaranteed to be at the high or low end of the compensation ranges
presented. The Company complies with applicable federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.
For Colorado, Washington, California, Applicants Only:
Maintenance Technician Full Time - 105010 $15.50 - $27.32
For New York City (Whitestone) Applicants Only:
Maintenance Technician Full Time - 105010 $27.43