Entry Level Picture Framer 10am - 7pm Shift
Bay Photo Lab seeks a new member for our Framing Department. We are looking for a technician who will cut mats, cut and build frames, and assemble products in a production environment. Experience working with power saws, joiners, hand tools, rulers, cutting knives, and other equipment used in a woodworking and/or picture frame shop is helpful. Good manual dexterity required.
- Good sense of urgency and works well under pressure
- Flexible in schedule changes
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Mechanically and technically inclined
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- High attention to detail & quick learner
- Ability to use precision cutting and mounting equipment or be trained
- Prior experience in woodworking or craft activity which requires accurate measuring is a plus.
- Requires excellent manual dexterity and a keen attention to detail
- Can read, understand and follow established production procedures, order forms, and charts.
- Ability to use computer workstation for simple tasks, such as filling out forms.
Job Duties can include:
- Cut and join metal and wood frames
- Assemble and finish framing orders.
- Complete packaging and QC-checking for orders.
- Keep orders on time according to established due dates.
- Operate computerized mat cutter to cut mats for Framed Prints.
- Maintain safe practices and work spaces at all times
- Clean-up and re-stocking materials and workstations
- Other tasks as assigned.