POSITION: Project Manager – Structural Steel
LOCATION: Schofield WI (will start in Las Vegas for 90 days finishing a project and then in Schofield WI)
Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities surrounding the design, detailing, fabrication, coating, delivery and erection of steel structures starting at the time of sale and finishing at contract closeout. They are responsible for providing guidance, direction, motivation, and leadership to a Project Team and act as a liaison to all company departments to execute projects in a timely, high quality and cost-effective manner. A Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the performance and outcomes resulting from project decisions and actions.
- Carry out the prime contract and ensure compliance with all terms and conditions.
- Plan and manage the work progression with regard to cost, schedule and quality.
- Recognize and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Draft, negotiate and execute agreements with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the customer, owner, design team, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Review design drawings and specifications for cost saving and value engineering alternates.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Structural Steel (design, fabrication, erection, etc.), Construction Management or a related field is required.
- A 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is preferred. Candidates with a lesser or unrelated degree will need to demonstrate other attributes to offset this preference.
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with management, co-workers, customers, designers, and field personnel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific/technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- This position requires the use of many industry-specific computer applications, most of which can be learned on the job, but the candidate should, at a minimum, be proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel and have an aptitude to learn other programs quickly (STRUMIS, Vista, Tekla, SDS/2, and AutoCAD).
- Travel is expected to average 5%, with occasional frequent travel and extended work hours at times (project dependent).
- Exudes excellence every day and acts as an ambassador of company Mission, Vision, and Values.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Complete benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please send us your current resume and project list