MAA is hosting a Virtual Maintenance Hiring Event for the Savannah area, and YOU'RE INVITED! We have aMAAzing opportunities available for candidates interested in Apartment Maintenance Supervisor, Apartment Maintenance Technician, and Apartment Make Ready positions.
Date: October 1st, 2020
Come chat with our amazing Property Managers & Maintenance Leaders to see if MAA is the perfect fit for you!
Becoming a part of MAA is exciting and rewarding for those who enjoy working with a dynamic team. Join us as we exceed our residents' expectations of a place to call home.
Apartment Maintenance Technician
Do you pride yourself on a job well done? Are you a natural problem solver while maintaining high standards of work? Do you have your EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification or willing to obtain within 90 days of hire? If so, MAA is the place to start building your career in the multifamily housing industry.
- The Apartment Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment homes and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include preparing apartments for move-in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. The Apartment Maintenance Technician follows a planned preventative maintenance schedule and follows up with residents after repairs are complete.
Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Are you an experienced maintenance professional who is ready to supervise and motivate a team to achieve property-specific goals in the multifamily industry? Are you ready to build upon your skills and knowledge with a company that provides you with the tools to excel? At MAA, we understand that how our service teams address resident needs and maintain our communities is directly related to our success. If you have a proven record of successfully meeting financial goals without compromising quality of work, while exceeding residents' customer service expectations, let MAA Communities help you further develop your career.
- The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor reports to a Property Manager and works to ensure apartment homes and facilities for an assigned apartment community are in good working order and maintained to standards for MAA. Primary responsibilities include coordinating the maintenance team to ensure the repair and maintenance of property facilities and apartment units; prompt and courteous responses to service requests; an adequate supply of market ready apartments to meet leasing demand; property appearance which meets or exceeds standards. The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor assists with hiring, training, and developing assigned maintenance staff which may include painters and/or landscaping staff.
- One to three years of experience in multifamily property management, facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair
- HVAC experience preferred for Apartment Maintenance Supervisor and Apartment Maintenance Technician positions
- EPA Type II or Universal required at hire or within 90 days of assuming the position
- Valid driver's license from the state of residence required
MAA recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package* including, but not limited to, the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Apartment Discount
- Opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement
- Eligibility for benefit plans and programs vary based on hours worked and length of employment.
We are committed to providing service excellence and value to those who depend on us at MAA. Our people-first approach has been transforming properties into communities and apartments into homes for over 25 years. As the largest owner-operator of multifamily apartments in the United States – we are established leaders in the real estate space – bringing tremendous opportunities to those looking to build their careers. We invite you to explore our Brighter View and find your place at MAA!
Drug Free Workplace