Electrical Engineer – Power Systems – Summer Intern 2023
Moffatt & Nichol specializes in large complex waterfront infrastructure projects and is recognized as one of the worldwide leaders in this field Moffatt & Nichol is actively looking for an Intern with Electrical Engineer focus to join our Savannah office. Interns will provide support to the Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation (MEI) team. Work will be performed under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
Moffatt & Nichol is a leading U.S.-based global infrastructure advisor specializing in the planning and design of facilities that shape and serve our coastlines, harbors and rivers, as well as an innovator in the transportation complexities associated with the movement of freight. The firm is currently ranked Engineering News Record #1 for Marine & Port Facilities and Top 20 for Transportation.
Moffatt & Nichol's professional staff includes engineers, planners, and scientists who serve our global client base from offices in Europe, North America, Latin America, and the Pacific Rim. The firm provides clients worldwide with customized service and a level of excellence that have become the firm’s hallmark in several primary practice areas – ports and harbors; coastal, environmental and water resources; urban waterfronts and marinas; transportation, bridges and rail; inspection and rehabilitation; and energy.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assist in the preparation of electrical design documents including:
- Lighting, power, and grounding plans
- One-Line diagrams
- Panel and cable schedules
- Project specifications
- Perform electrical calculations
- Size electrical distribution equipment
- Determine wire and conduit sizes
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- An interest in Power Systems is required
- Must be at least a Junior in their Bachelor’s program
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- EIT certification preferred
- At least one previous related internship preferred but not required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office
- Experience with ETAP, EasyPower and AGI32 preferred
- Familiar with the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Local field work may be required
- A copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for the internship.
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete and pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check in compliance with NIST 800-171
- Moffatt & Nichol uses E-Verify and employment is contingent upon the legal ability to obtain employment in the U.S. and to present the required documentation at hire
Majority of work is office based. Some site visits may be required which may necessitate navigating unpaved or natural terrain while carrying equipment.
Moffatt & Nichol’s EEO Statement:
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical Solutions® serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.
EEO is the LAW