Job Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision of all members of the finance and revenue department.
General Summary: An exempt position responsible for directing the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, and the financial community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Interacts with clinic management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial planning component.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Evaluates the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures accounting.
- Supervises the analysis of costs and makes rate recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the organization's annual tax and other reports. Prepares or reviews financial statements for Board of Directors.
Education: Master's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance.
Experience: Eight to 10 years of experience in financial/accounting management. Experience in health care financial management strongly preferred.
Other Requirements: CPA required.
- Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with fiscal requirements.
- Knowledge of clinic financial and budgetary practices to develop annual budget, analyze financial data and patterns, and prepare financial statements.
- Knowledge of clinic's strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
- Knowledge of governmental and health care fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve objectives.
- Skill in evaluating operations as they relate to policies, goals and objectives, costs, and rate levels.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Skill in identifying and resolving accounting and financial problems.
- Ability to create an atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.