Are you a dynamic sales rep interested in helping local businesses? If so, we'd love to have you join our sales team! We need someone who truly appreciates the connection between marketing and sales, someone who genuinely gets excited with each and every sale - big or small. Our Lamar office in Savannah, Georgia is now hiring a new Account Executive (salary
• commission) to help us bring innovative outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Savannah, GA and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- Executive Spotlight with our CEO
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
First year earning potential for our newly hired Outside Sales Representative is usually around $35,000 - $50,000 / year, dependent on experience and selling ability. We do not cap commissions, so earning potential is unlimited in subsequent years as you grow your book of business! We also provide monthly auto and cell allowances for work-related expenses.
The purpose of the Sales Account Executive is to meet and exceed sales objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling outdoor advertising to qualified advertisers. An Account Executive (AE) is expected to use professional sales techniques, build relationships, and develop long term advertising relationships that grow Lamar advertising sales.
- Meet and exceed sales targets, make at least 10 sales calls per day of which 2 calls are new business.
- Target every business within their assigned territory/account list, visit each established Lamar client and our competitor's client at least once per month, Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts, Increase Lamar's market share Sell all products – Posters, Bulletins, Digital Displays, and Transit (where applicable).
- Become proficient in the use of Lamar computer tools to locate Co-op prospects, follow-up on Hot Leads, prepare proposals, and research
- Prepare written presentations, reports and proposals, become an active team member of Lamar, become an active member of the advertising community
- Develop presentation skills utilizing computer tools and present to clients on a regular basis Maintain accounts receivable Continually develop new product knowledge and acquire better selling skills
- Keep abreast of competition – particularly newspaper, radio, TV, cable and yellow pages
- Actively participate in sale meetings, regional meeting, seminars and trade shows
- Actively input and maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- Plan each day, week and month before the month starts, plan each call
- Maintain a professional sales appearance
- Use sales tools, Complete daily planner/sales program after each call and at the end of the day
- Maintain organized up to date records of clients and sales activity
- Ensure your automobile has a neat and professional appearance
- Minimize travel time, Maximize time in the field with clients
- Use the Lamar Sales Support Center and the Multi Market Coordinators to sell multi Lamar markets, cluster your accounts to work them geographically and manage your time effectively
- Maintain client profiles, be prepared to submit daily planners/call reports, sales plans, forecasts and expense reports on a timely basis
- Follow-up on all client production orders and insure campaigns begin and end as the client requested. If any problems exists, Outside Sales Representative will communicate immediately with the client and manager to find a solution
- Agree to check lights etc. on a regular basis when called upon
- Use Lamar technology to save time
- Analyze and monitor personal sales data and reports
- Operate within your expense
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or explain policies and procedures.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to explain the outdoor advertising business to customers and account executives from installation and product standpoints.
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence.
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating workloads.
- Skill in selling or promoting outdoor advertisements.
- Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to meet a sales quota.
- Working knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Ability to cold call businesses.
- Ability to be intrinsically motivated to succeed and withstand rejection.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current and Valid Driver's License
- College Degree preferred
- Previous Outdoor Advertising sales experience preferred, but not required
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is a combination of an office environment and work in the field making sales calls and servicing existing accounts.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, talking, turning, and walking.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.