Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a company that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
Responsible for ensuring all products and services meets established standards of quality including reliability, usability, performance and safety. This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
- 100% execution of daily tasks, projects & objectives.
- Interpret, implement and provide feedback on quality assurance standards.
- Execute sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data.
- Enforce all department Standard Operating Procedures SOPs and Good Manufacturing Practices GMPs.
- Execute and delegate all product evaluations, plant audits and all relevant daily paperwork.
- Conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Generates logs to document testing, weights, temperatures, times and other measurements.
- Follow through and conduct post release/post implementation testing.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Identify coaching and training needs to meet quality standards.
- Implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Carry out HACCP and FSMA, Pathogen Monitoring, SQF, SSOP & GMP programs.
- Identify food safety and quality risks and correct immediately by following established procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspects equipment and locates merchandise and other objects.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all required areas.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme cold or heat from 0 to 110 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work in areas with slippery and/or wet conditions near water.
- Frequently work near equipment and mechanical moving parts.
- Regular exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Work overnight, weekends, and rotating/varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- High School Degree or 1 to 3 years of job-related experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Data collection and analysis skills.
- Implementation of corrective action.
- Self starter, organized and detail oriented with good planning and problem solving skills.
- Reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance & manufacturing processes, procedures and technology.
- Maricopa/FDA regulatory knowledge.
- Knowledge of plant sanitation, HACCP, FSMA, SSOP and GMPs.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!