Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food tech start-ups and the leading fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. Founded in 2015, we are on a mission to make eating healthy easy by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general.
With over $100MM in funding raised to date, we’re now gearing up to expand nationally and looking for an exceptionally talented Culinary Assurance & Implementation Manager.
As Freshly’s Culinary Assurance and Implementation Manager, you will lead a team that insures product is implemented and manufactured to specification throughout the production process for a ready to eat fresh food manufacturer. Additional responsibilities include training production employees in processing new items, leading production trials and trouble-shooting product issues. Working in tandem with Operations, Quality Assurance and the Culinary Development team for continuous quality improvement.
- Lead facility-specific Culinary Assurance team and Culinary Implementation activities to ensure consistent, quality execution of Freshly meals.
- Define, create and implement processes and associated documentation for Culinary Assurance and Implementation as needed.
- Ensure comprehensive and detailed implementation of weekly new meals, to include all necessary cross-functional communication.
- Plan component and finished product evaluations to ensure compliance of full menu.
- Identify process improvement opportunities via product evaluation reports, customer feedback, customer complaints and detailed observation.
- Improve production processes to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Organize with R&D, Purchasing, Ops and warehouse all facets of new product introductions including procedures, equipment and recommended methods.
- Liaise with R&D team during product development process.
- Manage ongoing process improvement with Culinary Development and Operations.
- Oversee operational KPIs and lead continuous improvement (ex. yields, equipment testing, packaging, capacity).
- Develop and manage scheduling of team members to accommodate production, required testing and special projects.
- Manage procedural changes, amendments and updates as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Must have insane passion for delicious, healthy food product development and high quality assurance standards.
- 5+ years experience in food production, product development and/or quality assurance for manufacturing.
- Culinology Degree, Food Science Degree, Culinary Degree or equivalent background and experience.
- Certifications a plus, but not required.
- Must have experience leading, training and developing teams of 3 or more technical experts.
- Meticulous attention to detail including strong analytical, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Self-starter with a strong drive to identify and solve problems with respect to product, process and people.
- Knowledge of the current regulatory requirements and operating standards - USDA, FDA.
- Applied experience with manufacturing safety/food safety principles (ex. GMP, HACCP, SQF, BRC).
- Ability to stay current with food industry trends especially related to product development, functional ingredients, equipment technology and regulatory requirements.
- Moderate to advanced skills in Google docs.
- Experience with ERP Systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of larger team.
- High motivation to learn, develop and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Job requires prolonged periods of standing.
- Able to work in hot areas, as well as a climate-controlled cold area at 30-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!