ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Determine correct vaccine and dosage to be administered to broiler birds and to pullets, considering pullet age.
2. Vaccinate broilers and breeders according to schedule and established procedures.
3. Informs growers of vaccination dates and times.
4. Determines correct blood collections and labeling schedules.
5. Works with Broiler and Pullet scheduler for the purpose taking fat samples.
6. Determines correct traffic flow from barn to barn, taking into account distances, bird type and age.
7. Monitors vaccination equipment to ensure it is in good working order. Makes necessary repairs as needed
8. Assists pullet vaccination and sanitation as needed.
9. Assists pullet moving crew as needed and performs all other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
10. All other duties as assigned
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement ratioinal thinking methodologies.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
· KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Some mechanical skill
· Considerable ability to lift heavy objects up to approximately 80-100 pounds.
· Must have valid Driver's license.
· Working ability to catch chickens and place in coops.