SUNY Empire State College seeks a full time Photographer/Videographer (State title: Community Relations Associate) at our Saratoga Springs, NY location.
The photographer/videographer will be SUNY Empire's lead visual storyteller, helping to raise brand awareness and drive effective campaigns with photos and videos that communicate the value of a SUNY Empire education. This position will report to the director of communications and work closely with the Communications and Marketing teams.
The photographer/videographer will be expected to shoot and edit photos and video of students, alumni, faculty, and staff across the college's statewide footprint, as well as coordinate, curate, and edit submitted footage from the college community to produce authentic, emotive visual narratives.
- Shoot high-quality photos and video to support the goals of the Office of Communications and Marketing
- Provide photo and video coverage of events as needed, including on evenings and weekends
- Work on tight deadlines to deliver photos and footage quickly when needed
- Coordinate, curate, and edit footage submitted by members of the college community
- Maintain a library of visual content to support Communications and Marketing campaigns
- Work with internal stakeholders to arrange photoshoots
- Shoot studio portraits as well as documentary portraits of students and alumni in the field, traveling across the state as needed
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing colleagues on campaign strategy and visual approach
- Maintain photo/video equipment and recommend updating or replacement as necessary
- Write and edit photo/video captions that are grammatically correct and adhere to college style
- Train college staff as necessary on photo and video production
- Bachelor's degree in photography, arts and media, communications, or a related field
- Minimum two years' experience as a professional photographer/videographer
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite editing tools
- Portfolio of photo and video work
- Experience with studio photography as well as field photography
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800.
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button :
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.