Summary: Conducts daily credit and debit transactions in compliance with bank policies and procedures. Provides exceptional customer service to each client. Keeps proper cash supply on hand and prepares daily proof records while maintaining an acceptable difference records. Identifies potential client needs and engages in the sales process to generate sales of bank products and services, referring to the platform or other areas of the bank as appropriate.
● Proactively greets clients within the banking center.
● Provides efficient and courteous customer service; addresses client inquiries, performs cash receipt and payment
services and promotes all bank products and services.
● Performs all teller functions including, but not limited to; processing deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan
payments, sale of cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, etc.
● Maintains accurate records of all transactions - prepares/processes cash receipt and payment service related
paperwork, ensuring all documentation is prepared in compliance with bank policies and procedures.
● Demonstrates high level of accuracy and efficiency when conducting client transactions.
● Ensure that an economical amount of cash is on-hand in vault and at teller stations to meet client demands.
● Handles additional responsibilities such as currency transactions, safe deposit, cash box, CTRs, and ATMs.
● Responsible for vault daily, controls cash in vault and distribute daily cash to other tellers.
● Understands the bank’s security policies and procedures, assists in opening and closing procedures and maintaining
codes, alarm function, cameras, cash controls and other opening/closing related activities.
● Actively promotes the bank’s products and services, and identifies opportunities for cross-selling and directs clients to
appropriate area of the bank. Contributes to the banking center goals with referrals, outbound calls, scheduling of
● Cross train as Personal Banker and be able to fill-in as needed.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● High school degree or equivalent (GED).
● 3+ years previous Teller experience.
● Knowledge of bank products, services, policies and procedures.
● Proficiency with personal computers and other business equipment.
● Knowledgeable in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations state and federal.
● Knowledgeable on Bank Teller responsibilities and policies.
● Able to resolve most client and teller questions & problems. Consult or refer more complex issues to Banking Center
● Polite, courteous, and respectful to all internal and external clients.
● Excellent communication and customer service skills.