We are currently seeking a Commercial Surety Underwriter who will be responsible for building and retaining a profitable book of commercial surety business including production, underwriting, sales and service. This includes developing and maintaining positive agency relationships. The selected candidate will preferably work from our corporate office in Sarasota, FL but may also be considered for one of our regional offices (Lawrenceville, GA, Richmond, VA, Richardson, TX, Indianapolis, IN or Ridgeland, MS).
- Title and salary commensurate with experience level
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field (Note: Relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis)
- 1 – 3 years of relevant surety underwriting experience
- Completion of AFSB designation preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Solid working knowledge of commercial surety products and underwriting.
- Solid working knowledge of surety underwriting analysis and techniques.
- Solid working knowledge of environment; including knowledge of surety agents and competitors and desirable and undesirable bond forms and bond form language.
- Ability to analyze financial information, credit reports, contracts, and underlying bond obligations.
- Solid working knowledge of surety automation systems and ability to train end users.
- Must have strong customer focus and exceptional interpersonal and sales skills.
- Excellent customer focus and exceptional interpersonal and sales skills
- Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and adjust priorities effectively
Apply directly: www.fcci-group.com/careers