Administrative Specialist II: This position's responsibilities include professional level duties supporting the FOG/Compliance Manager and other FOG/Compliance Unit staff. The position provides administrative support for all activities related to ordinance enforcement activities. It requires multi-tasking, problem-solving and analytical skills. It also requires a high-level of customer service skills.
- Provides administrative support to FOG/Compliance Manager by assisting with meeting schedules, correspondence, report generation and general administrative needs.
- Provides administrative support to other members of the FOG/Compliance Unit.
- Assists with compliance software data input and ensures data is accurately entered.
- Tracks and prioritizes customer inquiries and manages response process for work unit.
- Assists with maintaining and updating the compliance management database to ensure the information is complete and accurate.
- Participates in reviews and improvements of existing business processes.
- Prepares and distributes reports to FOG/Compliance Unit staff and upper management.
- Manages P-Card expenditures and ensures information is properly submitted.
- Processes billing, payments and ensures payments are properly documented.
- Provides administrative support to department executive team or other divisions, sections and work units within Public Utilities on an as needed basis.
Click Here to View Our Benefits Guide
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent education/GED plus 2 - 5 years of clerical, administrative and computer experience. One year of college may substitute for one year of required experience. Prefer college course work in business from accredited college/university.
Job Based Competencies: Ability to operate in a Windows XP, fully proficient in Microsoft Software: Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Smartsheet. Prefer experience using IFAS and GovMax. Ability to work with the public in an effective and courteous manner and also be politically savvy and confidential.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA