- Acting with Empathy and Compassion: Seeks to understand and validate others perspectives and emotions.
- Attention to Detail: Recognizes obvious information
- Concern for Safety: Introductory: Demonstrates introductory understanding and ability and, with guidance, applies the competency in a few, simple situations. Can direct people to the appropriate source for further information.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions based solely on guidelines and policies
- Problem Solving: Identifies basic problems
Villa Capri is a premier senior community situated on a beautifully landscaped campus. Developed by Oakmont Senior Living, Villa Capri provides exceptional quality, comfort, and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
The Server is responsible for serving food in a friendly, courteous manner, and performing a variety of duties in and around the dining area and kitchen in order to enhance the customers' experience, in accordance with the companys mission, vision, and values.
Why you should choose a career with Oakmont:
- 401k Retirement Plan & Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation, Personal Day, Sick Pay, Holidays
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Pet Insurance
- LifeCare, Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Family Fund
- Career Growth, Relocation and Travel Opportunities
- Serve residents, family members, and visitors in a professional, dignified, efficient and courteous manner.
- Accurately and professionally take residents and guests food and beverage orders and enter them into the POS (point of sale computer).
- Set up and break down (bus) tables.
- Assure compliance with all proper serving techniques/etiquette (e.g. serving from left, clearing used dishes between courses, etc.).
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
- Experience preferred but not necessary; we will train the right candidate.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong desire to work with the elderly and care for their needs.
- Possess written and verbal skills to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, healthcare professionals, residents and their families.
- Must pass a criminal background check before beginning work.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.