Love helping others find their inner beauty and build their confidence with amazing beauty products from the hottest brands? At Macy's Beauty, it's how we make magic, and it's exactly what you'll be doing as part of our Beauty team. ... More “
Develop your artistic side, create customized regimes and unique, beautiful looks from top beauty brands. You'll run the business like it's your own – but with the backing of America's premier omnichannel retailer. Talk about the best of both worlds!
Get top-notch paid training on our product lines as well as learn about new technology, trends, and techniques in the constantly evolving world of beauty. Get exclusive perks including samples of all kinds of amazing products and a regular product allowance to spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it “gratis,“ and you're going to love it.)
Find your perfect look helping others find theirs – explore beauty careers in retail and join our beauty team.
The Impulse Beauty Advisor helps drive sales in the Impulse department by offering their artistry skills, Beauty Services and product knowledge through all the brands sold through the shop. They are experts of the product lines, beauty cultures and selling techniques for the brands in Impulse Beauty, and are continuously learning new product knowledge and artistry tricks through their Counter Manager, Account coordinator, Vendor partners and Beauty Playground. They seek out customers to inspire and connect with, and ultimately grow the Impulse Beauty business by supporting the promotional and grassroots events. Through client development, they build lasting customer relationships and help to achieve personal and team selling and productivity goals. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Take initiative to present and sell merchandise in a professional and proficient manner through artistry, product demonstration focusing on the features and benefits of the product line
- Drive sales by consistently traffic stopping and demonstrating product using exceptional Selling Skills, ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to build customer relationships and loyalty through personal interaction and maintenance of a client file.
- Communicate with the Cosmetic Counter Manager regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events
- Takes the initiative to utilize the Beauty Playground in order to elevate product knowledge and application techniques
- Ensure that all merchandise, testers, hygiene standards and demonstration stations are maintained and set to company standards
- Ensure merchandising and operational standards are upheld and in compliance with Macys Impulse Beauty expectations
- Attend and actively participate in vendor meetings, seminars, schools, and other product knowledge and business- driving opportunities
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Ensure proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events to maximize sales
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Prior Cosmetics sales related experience and/or training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. – including Macy's and Bloomingdale's – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Gratis Product Allowance
Be an Artist
Become an artist.