VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90 year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer's most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers.
VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
Production Technician Summary:
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies
- Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams
- Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems
- May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems
- May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the overall organization
- Demonstrates knowledge of at least two or more functions
- Work assignments entail coordination of several different functional activities
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Has work experience and is knowledgeable of practices that integrate work product with other functional teams
- Works under normal supervision
- Follows established direction
- Freedom to decide on daily activities and use new methodologies and make decisions to meet job requirements
- Work is reviewed by functional leaders to ensure coordination of objectives
- Contributes to projects that drive organizational collaboration
- Work product is important to more than function
- Failure to accomplish results may result on timing or cost impact for program or product
- Non-delivery of work product may result in the allocation of additional resources
- HS Diploma is required
- 2-year or 4-year degree is preferred, along with equivalent work experience
- Being able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Shift Flexibility
- Prior experience working in manufacturing environment, including (but not limited to):
- Fork Lift experience
- Materials Handling
- Machine Cleaning
- Quality Assurance
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.